IGNORED

headlight modification

mford

Does anyone know of a kit for sale or a way to fix the headlights so you don't have to pull everything out under the wheel well to change the head light? Something where you can just plug in a new bulb like new cars have.ROFL

Originally posted by ZmeFly

its the H4 headlight conversion.

do a search for H4lights on zcar.com i think his email is h4lights@yahoo.com

The H4 headlights that I just installed on my car still require you to gain access from the rear (inside the wheel well) to change bulbs/headlight assemblies. All you can do from the front is AIM the headlight with the adjustment screws.

Does anyone have a link to headlights where you can change the bulbs from the front, without going into the wheel well?

If so, please post the link. Thanks

Originally posted by ZmeFly

should have said that just the bulb thing, LOL forgot you still have to install them and remove them from the wheel well just the same

its late what do you expect :stupid:

RATS! :( I was hoping that there WAS a product like that out there. It's a PITA to pull the wheel and crawl in the well for what should be a simple & quick job.

Get some rest James, tomorrow is Monday :sick: :sick:

Why doesn't somebody make a mold of the plastic cover behind the headlights? It would protect the back of the headlights from water splashing and reduce corrosion of the wires & connector. Then we could all get the old ones out and attach the new ones with pins, so You can get them off easily. Also, a nice hole through the inner fender with a rubber wire protector would be nice. That way, the wires are protected from water splashing.

What's there originally, is OK, but they should have seen the problems with water straight away.

That car pops out now and then :love:

That mod would be all on you. You wont find it for sale anywhere I know of.

I have been thinking about a mod for mine aswell . I think I am going to work on putting that style light in. BUT keep the head light bucket and molding the light within the bucket. Then put clear headlight covers over that. I am thinkng along this line for looks. Less lights ROFL but thats the style I am thinking.

post-1469-14150793116685_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

You couldn't just remove the light bowl from the back & screw it in from the front of the bucket, huh? It would probably need some trimming to fit, or replace it totally with something that does fit( a smaller unit with smaller lamp.)

That would be too simple :finger: