IGNORED

Got one at last!

halz

Well, it had to happen sooner or later and as it turned out...much later... I've finally bought a Z! <long sigh>

The car is presently in Victoria and will be coming to its new home in Western Australia as soon as a few logistical details are sorted out. It is a '73 with original engine/g'box, original tan and black interior and original (roughish) exterior. Yes, it means doing what I said I wouldn't do and starting a restoration project... but its worth it!

Many thanks to my spy (NickF) for turning up a little gem in his own neighborhood!

post-1743-14150792916328_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all your good wishes guys, I have uploaded a small selection of photos. Note that none of these are artistic as they were taken to highlight any problem areas on the car befrore I viewed it in person (thanks Nick!)

The car is very straight and has no apparent rust in the chassis, floors, hatch, engine bay. The photos show significant rust in the driver's door and there is also rust (less heinous in appearance) in the sills. The paint looks great in the sunshine but has chips and dings that have been collected over the 15 years since its last trip to the bodyshop.

Interestingly, it is a very high number for a 240z (HS30-103477) and has 'UK-style' indicators mounted on the front bumper and a MPH speedo... was this car originally intended for the United Kingdom?

It seems that you may now hold the title of owning the "latest body # Aussie 240Z". Your car body # is over 100 later than my '73.

The indicators on the bumper is standard for the '73, in all other respecs it looks the same as a '72.