How does Iki switch on dome light fit together? (1970 240z) - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

How does Iki switch on dome light fit together? (1970 240z)

Featured Replies

I feel like this shouldn’t be as hard as I’m making it out to be. I took mine out a few years ago and now I can’t figure out how it goes back together. Can anyone tell me the correct order and orientation of each part? And if I’m missing anything. I still have the housing wired up in the car so that’s not showing.

The order I have them in photo is my best guess but I haven’t had any luck with it yet.

IMG_1492.jpeg

Edited by Warty
Corrected typo "some light" to "dome light"; tagged with 1970 240z

  • Author

sorry I just realized I fat fingered the title. This is about the DOME light switch. Iki is the manufacturer name I believe.

To go along with a best guess scenerio, The S is next to the D on the keyboard. My guess is he means the "dome" light. It looks like a dome light switch.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Just to wrap it up for anyone who stumbles across "some light" (hehe) in the future: the order above is the correct order.

Hints maybe for easier reassembly:

  1. on mine, the lip of the clear plastic plunger was slightly melted, changing the angle a bit. Until I realized I had to rotate it a bit until the twisted plunger would fit through it, it was never going to install correctly.

  2. You can preassemble the metal disc + spring + twisty plunger and it will stick together.

  3. installing it from within the car (looking up at the roof) was hard. I found it much easier working from outside the car, looking down (I have the hatch off). You can hold the light switch in one hand, facing up, place on the black disk, then the plunger-spring-roundplate assembly, then the plastic button and black casing. That was tricky, but worked a lot better than trying to fit the assembled part, under pressure, upwards with the light casing above you. Obviously, this would be even easier if you have the switch assembly completely removed from the car.

  • Warty changed the title to How does Iki switch on dome light fit together? (1970 240z)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.