IGNORED

KPGC110 Skyline GT-R For Sale

Alfadog

Originally posted by GTZZZ

From what I've heard from people that have done it in the US is that they actually prefer it after a while.

Good man!

Its nice to hear that some of the lefties CAN be converted.

Right-handed people should have their right hands on the steering wheel at all times:cheeky:

Congratulations GTZZZ - you have been selected as the first of the American guinea pigs for the test drive of the 432R replica.:classic:

Unfortunately, you have to pay for your own flight and accomodation.:(

Stezza! Like it. But if I say that will I sound a bit daggy?!?

Alan T.

Is your offer genuine?

I will be going to Santorini, Greece in October and have a lengthy stopover in london. If your car will be done by then I accept. I would think it could possibly be finished in that short a time though. If it's not I would still be interested in seeing your car, never seen a 432R in person. I have nothing else planned for my stopover in London anyway.

Now I've really dropped myself in it!

The 432R replica project will not be finished by October - that's for sure. Probably more like October 2004, but you are most welcome to have a look at the progress. Its still in the paint booth at the moment.............

How about a drive of a genuine Fairlady 240ZG? Does that appeal? You are welcome to a test drive of that if you are in London. Maybe there might even be a race event / club meeting that I could take you to ( as long as its a Saturday or Sunday ).

Let me know your schedule when you've got it finalised. I'm definitely up for it. PM me your direct e-mail address and I'll let you know where I am.

All the best,

Alan T.

I can't believe how relaxed you are about letting us drive your car Alan, I don't even let my friends drive my Z mainly cause I get the impression they will pick at things like no power steering(like get over it).

Also I'm scared if anything ever happened to my Z it's not the way they drive it's other drivers that scare me they go for Red 240z's I'm sure of it.

Hopefully one day I can get over to good old England and see your collection of Nissan history.

I wanna go to Ireland aswell because that's where my family heritage lies. :classic: .

Alan,

Thank you very much for the offer. You are extremely generous.

I actually do have the trip all finalized, I just don't know where my fiance is keeping it. I will PM you as soon as I find out tonight.

Once again, thank you very much.

Life is short Gav. I'm starting to think that we won't be allowed to drive them at all soon...........

I've been on the receiving end of some great generosity in the past, and now I'm getting a bit long in the tooth ( and short of the hair! ) I'm starting to appreciate it all the more.

This generosity was especially apparent in Japan, where I have been trusted with the keys of such diverse machinery as a couple of 432's and other assorted Z cars, a Toyota 2000GT, KPGC10 GT-R, R32 GT-R, Renault 5 Maxi Turbo, Lancia 037, Ford RS200 and ( one of the best ) a Porsche GT3. Loads and loads of 'bread and butter' stuff too, plus a few motorcycles and a Komatsu tractor!

Of course, the insurance issues are different in Japan ( often a car was insured for any driver ) but it still shows a great deal of trust and generosity to let someone out in your pride and joy. The benefit is that you can then share feedback and enthusiasm all the more effectively.

I heartily recommend drives in LHD and RHD versions of the same type of car wherever available. This can be very revealing........

Alan T.

Rob ( GTZZZ ) you're on!

Try and get a Saturday or Sunday free and I'll check out the events that are going on within a couple of hours drive of London. Might be some Historic racing going on at Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Castle Combe or Mallory Park - which is always worth going to see.

Can't guarantee that the weather will be as good as Greece, but just down the road from me here in the British Museum we have quite a lot of ancient Greek statues that Lord Elgin took home with him as excess baggage. The Greeks are trying to get them back ( I don't blame them ) but they are'nt going back just yet.

London is a chaotic, dirty and expensive city - but it does have a heart and it has a very interesting history to boot.

Looking forward to hearing your schedule.

All the best,

Alan T.

Hey Alan why's your 240zg have fairlady and 240z badges and not Fairlady Z badges (Like the 432 has Fairlady Z).

What badge does it have on the bonnet? a round one with a white Z like the one in the attached picture?

What are these badges off? 240z badge 240z obviously, but could the other badges be off a later model jap spec fairlady like a 280zx?

post-1278-14150792807437_thumb.jpg

Hi Mr C,

Well - the badges on my car are completely and absolutely correct for the car as it came out of the Factory........

The "Fairlady 240Z" range was added to the Japanese domestic market line up in October 1971. Prior to that the cars in the domestic market had all been badged as "Fairlady Z" ( with the 432 model having the additional "432" emblems ) as they were all 2-litre models.

The emblems for the Japanese domestic market models of "HS30" consisted of 2 parts. There was a new "Fairlady" emblem ( without the "Z" attached to it, and they used this in addition to the old "240Z" emblem that was used for the export models. The badges were always separate.

The bonnet emblem is the same round "Z" type on the early Japanese domestic models, whether they were S30, PS30 or HS30.

The earlier Japanese domestic models had a different rear quarter emblem to the export models ( as they were not "240Z" models they did not have the "240Z" rear quarter emblem - but a round emblem with the letter "Z" in it, with no vents ). When the emblem was changed to the vent-type emblem, this was standardised across domestic and export models to the "Z" type with the vent holes in it.

The ZG had the same badging / emblems as the other Japanese HS30 models ( "Fairlady 240Z" ) but they usually came without rear spoilers. These were often dealer-fitted options, and the dealers would put the emblems on the rear spoilers themselves. This is why you sometimes see rear spoiler emblem positioning differences in Japan.

It can be a little confusing. I've actually had the finger pointed at me here in the UK by Z car "experts", who were telling me that there is "no such thing" as a "Fairlady 240Z". From October 1971 there was...........

Alan T.

76,420.14 USD

HOLY $^!#!?!?!?!?!?!?

That car looks like a USD 10,000

for that kind of money I would but a Garaged 69 Baby Z (HS-30 of any kind)

Hell for that kind of cash I'll buy a prototype Z.

man O man have people gone crazy. 76 Grand For a car that's not all to appealing. I'll take a Z over that car any day.

-Brandon

71 240Z

Brandon i tend to agree in many ways but there are a few things to take into consideration.

1.) History these cars are part of History yes the Z probably deserves to be higher valued but there were alot more S30 Body types Z's produced.

2.) I have never driven a C110 GTR and you never know it could be alot of fun.

3.) Part may be difficult to obtain and a good condition car may also be hard to find.

It's always a case of suppy and demand and if someone wants the car bad enough they may get the money they ask.

You never know some young Japanese kid may have fond memories of such a car and might have the money to pay for this sentimental car :).

I spose what I'm saying is it might not be that appealing to you but there becoming more and more appealing to me with some pictures of ones I've seen recently. Also thanks to people like Alan T who have educated me on the C110 I like them more, 12 months ago I would have agreed with you :).

I still prefer a KPGC10 GTR personally but i think i'd enjoy a S20 powered car :classic: .

Cheers