IGNORED

KPGC110 Skyline GT-R For Sale

Alfadog

This is just somebody doing a little bit of showing off / fishing, and its an increasing phenomenon on web-based auctions.

The KPGC110 is rarer than the PGC10 and KPGC10, and over the last few years the prices have been going up and up. Now they are actually fetching higher prices than the C10 series, but they are not changing hands at 9 million Yen!

I saw a couple for sale in Tokyo back in May. One of them was an absolute corker and was up for 4 million ( I'm sure a good offer around 3.8 million would secure it ) and the other was not quite as good and was up for 6 million. Also saw a couple at the Nostalgic Car Show which were being offered by a dealer, and he had 7.6 million on each of them - but I'm sure nobody was going to 'bite' at that price.

You can see what's happening. A few cars are changing hands at high prices and its making ripples amongst owners and dealers, who are advertising their cars just a little higher each time in order to see if they get any interest. There are so few of these cars left that they make Lamborghini Miuras and Lancia Stratoses ( Strati? ) look common, and yet ironically there seem to be about 10 cars for sale at any one time. Its just the shock waves of a few cars changing hands for big money.............

I tell you what, though. The higher and higher prices for early GT-Rs are making waves in the Japanese repro / replica parts world too. When you get cars ( although relatively few in number ) that are commanding ever higher prices, suddenly it seems a lot more viable to reproduce items that are NLA or even persuade Nissan to remake certain items. The GT-R clubs in Japan have a lot of lobbying power with Nissan, and I've seen some very unusual stuff being remade and replicated recently. Too bad the comparatively low prices of early Z cars, and the consequent reluctance to spend money on restoring them, leads to a quite different mindset with regard to repro and remanufactured parts - despite the fact that there are so many of them left.:ermm:

Alan T.

I tend to agree with the 'price-fixing' that you believe is going on with these cars.

I have a recent issue of AutoWorks magazing (Japanese) and there are lots of C10/C110 cars & S20 parts for sale in it. The prices are certainly high, but nowhere near the 9M Yen mark. I think I saw 1x KPGC110 that was in original condition with ~20,000km/s on the clock for about ~6.5M Yen.

I still can't afford that, so an import 2000GT-X GTR-replica might me the go....

Don't fret ardkore,

I'm well on the way to making my own 432R replica ( see my Gallery pics. ). The body is in the paint booth as we speak ( type? ) and the engine is in Nagano-Ken, Japan awaiting 'top and tailing' before shipping and installation.

I've been collecting, begging, stealing, borrowing and replicating the parts that I need for the project for a couple of years already. Once I have the body back in my garage it should take a giant leap forward.

Once its up and running it should give a pretty good impression of the real thing.

Test drives will be available................. :classic:

Alan T.

Cuong I would be too scared to drive your car! You are most welcome to a drive in mine, as the combined horsepower of both engines will be less than your RB kicks out at low boost.....

All Australians and New Zealanders are most welcome to a test drive in the 432R replica when its done. Little bit worried about the Americans as they might try to change gear with the armrest on the door ( seeing as all RHD cars are ergonomically challenged :cheeky: ). Maybe I could tie their right hands to the steering wheel?

Lachlan,

"stezza"?????

What's a "stezza"?

Please translate!

Alan T.

( ps - I agree with your Mum about the lack of carpet in the GT-R )

It funny you say that about us Americans.

I've never driven a RHD car before. I think it would take some time getting used to. From what I've heard from people that have done it in the US is that they actually prefer it after a while.