IGNORED

Interior Innovations

Patcon

I used Interior Innovations for my seats and they turned out great! Here's the thread I posted on the seats and you wouldn't believe who requested more pictures. I also did the shift and e-brake boots from them. Of course this was 6 years ago so if you're like me the memory isn't what it used to be! 😉

Edited by w3wilkes
  • Like 1

So here is the issue:

I placed an order at the end of August this year. 4-6 weeks for delivery. That's fine, no rush. I sent an email at the end of October. They told me,"There's no problem with the order. It should go out the end of this week or next week."

So it's four weeks later now and still no leather! Currently 12 weeks later and it's starting to hold up progress. I emailed them again today. We'll see what they say...

Here's all I can say about how long they took. I checked my email in my Z folder and found that I ordered 0n 13 June 2017. I would guess that my thread on doing the seats was within days (16 July 2017) of receipt of the goods. Looks like it was about a month from order to go to work on the install. Could be longer in today's world, I know they're in India and didn't really seem to be "heavy" on the communication side. They did come through and I'm very happy with what I got.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Yarb said:

Looked at the website curious what you are ordering. The interior leather package looks inviting. Not sure if the diamond pattern is a flat finish or puffy if that makes sense.

I ordered the tunnel leather package and the shifter boots. If this works out I will probably do seats and door panels too. We'll see...

I got his email back today:

Hi Charles,

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience, I will get back to you shortly with the status.

Thanks.
Khalid.

Nissan's interior design folks seem to have been inspired by the 1965 Bizzarrini's use of diamond-stitched leather when they chose the faux-stitched vinyl for the Z's interior, so I suppose this stitched-leather replacement is kind of poetic justice and the 'puffy' look is historically accurate...

Bizzarrini 5300.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I bought their seat foam + leather upholstery (via their Amazon listings). Took at least 2 months, if I recall correctly. Came from India.

Quality is very nice. I will be removing the seats to install 350Z seats, so if you decide you want full leather & new foam, I will be selling the entire seats minus the rails. Note that I added Honda seat belt guides.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by HusseinHolland
  • Thanks 1