IGNORED

No vacuum on front carb

mudkip777

@Captain Obviouscan chime in here, but you’re best  bet is to put everything back together and go by what the folks here have recommended. Just because the po gave you extra parts you really don’t know the history. You need to have a baseline on troubleshooting and go from there. I wish you the best of luck. There is a way of getting there but it’s step by step.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

There are some pics on the site that show how to check the float bowl level using a clear piece or plastic tubing. I'll dig around a little and see if I can find them, but someone else will probably find them faster.

You mean like this? LOL 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SteveJ said:

You mean like this? LOL 

Thanks Steve

mudkip777, Basically, the process goes like this... Put the carbs together and put them on the car. Everything connected per normal. Then pull the black rubber tube off the nipple on the bottom of the float bowl and temporarily connect up a length of clear plastic tubing in it's place. Position the clear tube like the pics in that thread and then run the fuel pump. In your case, that probably means cranking the engine to make the mechanical pump deliver fuel. The fuel level the develops in the bowl (and hence the clear tube) should meet the spec in the service manual.

I would suggest pulling the plugs and make sure you have a fully charged battery. It could take some cranking to get fuel to the bowls.

That's the clear tube method in a nutshell. Details left to the studied reader.   :ph34r:

Here's a couple related pics that might help Separated from the rest of the carb, but here's a 240 bowl:
P1190024.JPG

And here's a different carb, but the concept is the same:
bowllevel.jpg

• Like 2