IGNORED

Fuel Cutoff Switch

Av8ferg

5 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Most Ford vehicles have inertia switches.  If you want a high volume auto factory made piece.  No offense to the Amazon parts but I'd rather have a used (by time only) Ford part than an untested part.  Typically behind the kick panel on the passenger side.  The red button is visible so that it can be reset.  Salvage yards would have hundreds.

But I have tested it, just not in an accident.

I'm just saying, Ford parts probably don't get these kinds of reviews.  Amazon is full of cheap parts.  I have a set of headphones that broke after a year and Amazon just "disappeared" them and the company that sold them from their web site.

image.png

From the United States

DGC
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on July 15, 2022
This was the cheapest option and I should have spent more money. It doesnt necessarily feel bad initially. I tested it a few times and it worked like I wanted. I went to install this and of course it wouldnt reset anymore. Look elsewhere for a product
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on October 26, 2022
Broke immediately after install
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on August 10, 2022
The connector that plugs into the switch doesn't secure or lock in. I just trashed it.
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on July 17, 2022
Mine tripped when I closed the car door. And I tried 2 of them. Buy something else

All of the ratings are shown.  If you pick 4 and 5 as "good" and 3 or lower as "bad", you get a 70% good rate.  Who wants that?  Ford has produced millions of them. 

Not really seeing anything to argue about.  Are you still going to use it?  Imagine hitting a bump while driving and having the engine die.  The safety device actually causes an unsafe condition.

Sorry it had to be you.  It's not personal...

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 5:35 PM, Zed Head said:

Your 77 should already have one in the AFM.  When air flow stops the fuel pump power is cut off.  Your fuel pump should not be running when you turn the key on.  Only at Start and when the engine is running.

That first picture shows a modified engine, with individual coils.  It must have aftermarket engine management.

But, on the topic, if you haven't already done it - the 1978 and 280ZX fuel rails are safer than the three piece 75-77 rails.  The hose connecting the three pieces can leak.  That first picture shows what's probably a 78 rail.  One piece metal.

I think the fuel shut off in the 77 was actually an orientation thing. If the car was upside down, the fuel was shut off. Porsche’s burn down a lot more often I think. Particularly carburetor models. 
personally, I don’t think the 280Z system is that vulnerable to fire as in a perfect world, which you should maintain, it’s a closed system with no fuel exposure. You’re more likely to have an electrical fire.

• Like 1