IGNORED

Modern Relay replacements for 280Z Fuel Pump Control Relay and Electronic Fuel Injection Relay?

JagoBlitz

12 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

I was just using the schematics of those relays to show the possibility.  The web page has the option of setting your specifications.

Just have to put the work in.

https://www.boschautoparts.com/g/relays

Indeed. Since the Nissan EFI has the ignition pulse to the ECU, there is no reason to use anything complex here, just a question of single or double throw.

2 separate relays is my Plan B, but I would like to use as few relays as possible because I will also add new relays for the headlights and an electric fan .... and I fear I might be running out of space.
But if there is no other way I will go down that route.

15 hours ago, Zed Head said:

I was just using the schematics of those relays to show the possibility.  The web page has the option of setting your specifications.

Just have to put the work in.

https://www.boschautoparts.com/g/relays

Thank you for the link, that helps a lot.

The problem is that for the one relay you need a dual coil and a suitable relay base. You won't find that in a Bosch style relay. If you are lucky, you might find such a relay made for another car, but you would still need to add the base if you can find it.

You will probably end up using two relays or doing the smart thing and staying with the factory style relays.

• Agree 1

Any double function (assuming you can find one) relay is going to take up as much physical space as two standard relays. At that point it makes more sense to stick with the factory setup. You can buy 'gangable" relay sockets for Bosch style Micro and Mini relays, so you can keep it pretty compact space wise.

I will probably be using 2 relays. The advantage of the Bosch style relays is that that they are still available and easy to find in case they need to be replaced.

I will also keep some of the original relays, but I want to keep the amount of them to a minimum.

Hi All, I have one new replacement made by Lucas (German brand) for the relay AI3 000 002. I bought for my Datsun280Z/78 but afterwards realized that for the 78 model is different. If anyone needs this relay drop me a line. 
Cheers,

E7F428EF-E4D8-42AA-8A34-2B9AEA7F3B6A.jpeg

A8DE8772-A9C1-4F82-A9F2-14D3ABCDAEB5.jpeg

6 hours ago, DHA280Z said:

gratuitous prejudice 

there is an answer to that, relevant in the case  that someone actually needs the relay https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/the-lucas-jokebook

notice that the relay was made in Germany

As an aside - I'm actually English - moved to the US when I was 19 - I used to own & work on British cars after I moved here. I was quite insulted by the joke at the time. It did seem to be true unfortunately.