IGNORED

Motorsport Auto's web site "upgrade"

Zed Head

Anybody noticed that the TheZtore.com, aka zcarparts.com, aka MotorsportAuto.com,  changed their web site.  It's kind of odd, like they had an IT guy who doesn't really know old cars go through it during the "upgrade".  Some of the phrases are strange and searching for normal words does not work.

I searched for "throwout bearing" and nothing came up, no products match.  Searched for "clutch" and found a page for a "clutch collar", whatever that is.  Nobody calls it a clutch collar but there it is.  Searched for "clutch collar" and found some parts.  The site is different but not so sure it's better.  Opportunity missed.

• Like 2

https://www.thezstore.com/topic/stage_one Apparantly, the site as it stands right now is a work in progress - it should be improved upon in the future, but right now it's a sort of go between. It does, as you mentioned, have some growing pains, though. To be fair, the old website was a liiiittle outdated and janky 'til you got the hang of it, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that it'll be better in the end.

The dropdown menus under the car types are pretty good.  They have categories.  It's not obvious that they are there though or if you should click on the car pictures.  

I'm just trying to have some fun but offer constructive critique.  Most people go to the site because they need parts.  No time to work through the flashy stuff, just make it easy to find what you need.

There is a small black arrow but is it obvious.  Especially on a phone, today's world.

image.png

image.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

ordered something couple weeks ago from them. Called them and was told still you need to call to make sure what you want is in

stock as website isnt updated according to on hand inventory. Strange.

btw, they told me multiple times my item was on way when it wasn't but is in stock. This is more than once they've done this to me. 

• Sad 1