Hazard Warning Switch Removal - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Hazard Warning Switch Removal

Featured Replies

I have a 73 240Z restoration project underway.  I'm currently trying to install a dash overlay. To do so I have to remove the hazard warning switch knob.  It's  one of the green pull switches.  This may sound stupid, but I can't figure out how to get the knob off.  I tried pulling, unscrewing, looking for a set screw, looking for a release button on the back.  Nothing.  It can't come out the back with the knob on.  I'm afraid it I pull any harder I'll break it.  Any suggestions?

Give me a few minutes...

Turn the knob all the way counter clockwise, gently until it stops. The push it in towards the dash and turn another 1/4 turn (or so) counterclockwise it will come off then. There is a washer like piece on the end  and a spring inside. 

I have one i can show pic's of if you have any trouble. 

 

Okay, I made a short video to demonstrate.

 

  • Author

Thanks.   Great stuff!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.