IGNORED

Share 16 x 8 wheel pics 0 offset and negative offset

MH77280Z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj6mf6_NzCM

The car profile @2:00 is what i am aiming for. With 0 offset it doesn't stick out too much?

This setup is running 205/50/R15 and does seems to fit under the stock fender. I do want to stick the tires out a bit, but not a lot.

I like the 205/40/R15 even more ...

Edited by MH77280Z

Dumb question guys...i bought the cheapest tires 3 years as we were working on the car on stock rims. They are 195/70/R14 - does this mean current rims are 14" diameter and 8" wide? (195mm is approx. 8"), is this how u read this?

And 205 vs 215 also probably fit a 8" wide rim? so whats the difference?

Edited by MH77280Z

30 minutes ago, MH77280Z said:

Dumb question guys...i bought the cheapest tires 3 years as we were working on the car on stock rims. They are 195/70/R14 - does this mean current rims are 14" diameter and 8" wide? (195mm is approx. 8"), is this how u read this?

And 205 vs 215 also probably fit a 8" wide rim? so whats the difference?

No. The 195 is referring to the section width of the tire. I've mounted 195 and 205 tires to my car on the same wheels. The stock 240Z wheels were 14x4.5 and sported 175mm section width tires. 

Read this: https://www.lesschwab.com/article/tire-size-explained-reading-the-sidewall.html

From the WT section of the FSM, it looks like the stock rims are 5.5 wide. If you are looking for different tires, you need to verify with the tire manufacturer on the minimum wheel width.

• Like 1

My 77 FSM says stock wheels are 14 x 5.5 (aluminum) and 14 x 5 (steel) both comes with 15mm offset. Tire size 195/70/R14 - the ones i have. May be it can support other tire sizes but this is the only in the FSM.

Does it mean a 0 offset new wheel would a bit too far away from the struts? like a 15 x 9+0

Also the car you like in the video at the 2 minute mark has custom fit coil overs. Which is why they can run this really wide rim with 0 offset. It will rub the stock strut at that width. Most people run 7 in wheels on a factory suspension. I have run 245s on wheels smaller than 7 inches so there are lots of variables.

With stock 5in and 15mm offset as mentioned in the FSM, i am roughly 2.5 + 0.5 = 3in over the drums from the hub surface. Now if u put 9in on the rear with 0 offset that would be 4.5in over the rear drums. Approx 1.5in more on the inside towards my current strut setup and would be 2.5in extra out towards the fender.

Which i believe I have the clearance on both sides, unless I am missing something.

Plus I plan to go 15in diameter vs current 14in that would safely put me over my stock brakes.

Thoughts?