IGNORED

Rear hatch weatherstrip

I have had a problem with exhaust getting into the cabin of my 240 HLS30 28726.  I used a theatre fog machine to find where it was coming in, and found minor leaks around the right tail light, the license plate light and the antenna.  Got them all fixed.  The remaining problem, and the biggest, is the hatch seal.  While the hatch itself is a good fit and well aligned,  I'm getting leaks on both sides, but not the top or bottom.  The seal itself is only a few years old and has very few miles.  The material remains malleable.  I believe I got it from the now-defunct Black Dragon Automotive.  

Can anyone tell me if there varying quality seals out there?  Any to avoid, or any to be recommended?  Other thoughts?

Many thanks in advance.

I have one from the Vintage Rubber full car kit that I bought a few years ago - the fit seems good (hasn't been leak tested), but it's been a challenge getting it to stick to the body.  Body shop cleaned it a couple of times and re-glued, but it's still pulling up from the hatch frame.  A thin coating of the seal is now stuck to the body, so the next step is to clean that off and try reattaching the seal yet again.  Should that fail, I'll probably have to search out an alternative.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Barefootdan said:

@SteveJ Might have a lead on this. I know he worked on finding a good solution for the door seals!

This one I haven't experimented with. The only hatch seal I purchased was from Blackdragon Auto about 7 or 8 years ago.