IGNORED

HELP: Rear red lights ON and no power to starter

MH77280Z

Hi Guys, i parked the car last night and all seemed to be fine. Today when i tried starting the car the starter did not engage.

Mine is 77 Auto and seat belt is engaged and i also have a new ignition mod and like i said it worked last night no issues. I noticed when i took the key out, the rear red lights kept ON. Played with the brake pedal a bit but no effect. I had to disconnect the battery for now.

Where should i start? somebody seen this before?

Upon manually pressing the brake light switch the lights does go off. I do see some plastic on the floor and a hole in the brake padel lever where the switch pressing when u release the pedal - is there a replacement part to fill that hole gap?

Also, i did check the battery and it is fully charged and it does not what so ever crank the engine. Like I said i parked the car overnight and it was cranking up fine. Cannot thing of thing that can go wrong overnight.

While ignition at start i should see 12v at the solenoid wire signal terminal correct? I can probably start from there.

Any other advice?

Guys, tested the voltage from pin connector on solenoid to battery ground while i tried cranking through ignition and there is no voltage getting there.

I unhooked the seat belt and when i move the key to ON i do hear a buzzer and after putting the seat buckle back in the buzzer goes away, so i assume the electrical connector at the seat belt is not a problem.

Do u think it is the seat belt relay in the engine compartment? I have also tried tapping the solenoid.

TOTALLY LOST GUYS>>>

Might be the ignition switch.  Fairly common for the pins in the switch to get loose and lose connection.  Or for the mechanicals to wear and the key does not turn the electrical portion of the switch far enough.

If you can get to the switch and take it apart you can get the definitive answer.  Turn the electrical portion with a screwdriver and see if you get power then.

Did you mean switch, not module?  

Can't remember the details of the first problem that caused you to replace the part, whatever it is.  Maybe write a short history of problems up to now.  There's not much to the system that sends power to the starter solenoid.  

I had issues with slow cranking so I changed the Ignition switch and with a new battery things were normal. This was 1 month ago.

Couple of days ago when i parked the car next day this started to happen. No power getting to the solenoid at all at this time. I have double checked the battery and it is fine. This happened overnight only.

I have ordered a new ignition switch again and it will be here by Fri.