IGNORED

What is the story on this

lan240

Hi Ian,

The Seller has not got his description quite right.

This is the single carb intake and the exhaust manifold that was fitted to many Japanese domestic and some Export models - but never on a Z.

He is correct in stating that this setup was installed on some of the Skyline models - but it was on a lot of other models that were fitted with various versions of the Nissan L-series six ( Laurel, Cedric, Gloria etc etc ).

It was never fitted to a Z.

Hope that helps.

Alan T.

Hi

As an owner of a single carb "Skyline" I can tell you that that air filter case isn't from my car (see attached picture).

Now I'm not sure if they changed the design of the air filter at any stage during the C110's life, but I wouldn't have thought so. Like Alan said, it could be from a Gloria or a Cedric or something. In my opinion it wasn't from a C110 Skyline.

Whatever it is, it's not that special anyway! Oh wait, yes it is, do you want to swap your dual SU's for my special single carb unit? ROFL very special ya know...

post-1243-14150792759993_thumb.jpg

Ian,

This is just off the top of my head...........assuming it does bolt up to L24 motor, you may want to concider what modifications are necessary to hook up the throttle and choke linkages and what CFM the single carb is capable of flowing. I think the dual round tops flow a total of about 450 CFM. Come on, I need some help here Alfadog!!!

I also own a 260 parts car with the same single carb set up. Never got to drive it with this set up coz i got down to stripping the car straight away-what would the performance be like compared to the early bell tops?

The single carb conversion is very easy.

Throttle linkage; when I convereted my C110 to dual 240 carbs the throttle linkages didn't required any mods at all. The throttle "arm" that comes out from the firewall to the carbs was the right length, so that was fine.

What you could do for the choke is only connect one of the two choke cables that are currently setup in the Z to your new single carb, just tie the unused one out of the way.

More efficient but not by much, I was surprised how efficient the 240 carbs performed when well tuned, but I do agree that it is much simpler to tune and maintain.

:classic:

A few years ago I pulled the square top Hitachi SU things off my 260 and put on a single Weber 32/36 carb. Better in every possible way: cold start; hot start; power; economy; responsivness.

I think the level of improvement had a lot to do with the crappiness of the late Hitachi SUs though.

My opinion is don't bother sure the Dual SU's can be a pain but once you understand them and can tune them there really not a problem.

I wouldn't waste my money on that junk on Ebay but that's my opinion.:tapemouth