IGNORED

Ordered from ZStory lately?

Bill Scott

Hi all!

Has anyone ordered from ZStory lately?  I talked with Sean back in March, pleasure to talk with, very knowledgeable, love his exhaust work.  Placed my order and immediately sent him $.  He said ETA was maybe in May and I wanted to confirm so I can plan my work on the car over next few months.

Haven't heard from him since.  Sent txts, emails and no response.  Anyone else have any luck?  

Sean, if you're out there, give me a shout!

Thanks!

Bill

*This is NOT a bashing of Sean or ZStory, just concern.

Edited by Bill Scott
  • Agree 1

He has been VERY busy as we come out of the pandemic.  He's been backed up on orders and working hard to get them built and shipped.  We did a group buy last year, summer or fall (I do not remember) and it recently arrived in town just a few weeks ago.  That delay was caused by MANY factors such as supply chain delays, illness, other orders in front of ours, shipping delays, and so on.  Be patient with him, he will get you taken care of.  And remember that he is likely out building systems rather than sitting at his computer answering emails and texts...and I'll bet he's been getting a lot of them from people wondering where their parts are.  He's a stand up guy.  🙂

Hope that info helps a little bit.

18 hours ago, HS30-H said:

They are made in China.

HAhahaha.. im not surprised... who else makes them for that money.. for 60 euro's an hour i can't make 'em!

Yes, I'm laughing but it's actually to cry...

I think it's time to stop buying chinese junk and other stuff..   (Btw, i don't think these exhausts are junk! but A LOT of chinese stuff IS!  It's like anywhere else: if you want better quality you have to pay UP!! 😉 )

31 minutes ago, dutchzcarguy said:

HAhahaha.. im not surprised... who else makes them for that money.. for 60 euro's an hour i can't make 'em!

I don't think it's a secret...

I was just pointing out that he doesn't physically make them himself. Hence his business will be subject to the slings and arrows that the last few years have brought us all, and - in particular - China's current (re)surge in Covid-19 cases and their rather draconian measures to contain it will have consequences. For example Shanghai, a city of 25 million+ people, has been in lockdown for the past month. This when many other countries and territories have been opening up.

There's a domino effect for businesses manufacturing in PRC so communication, manufacturing, shipping (in particular) and distribution will all be negatively affected. 

Edited by HS30-H
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 4/29/2022 at 3:24 PM, texasz said:

That is interesting Alan, I truly thought that he made them based upon all discussions and information I had.  Thank you for the info.

Hi - I've never said that I make them physically ! I produce them, I've conceived them and I sell them but the quantities demanded are way above those that I can make and the raw materials' prices here in France are too crazy !

I apologise if what I said gave you the wrong impression however, all are hand-made.

• Like 4