IGNORED

I thought I was done with Z cars

emccallum

4 hours ago, emccallum said:

I am thinking of assembling the motor and subframe including suspension then lowering the body on to it. I think that would be easier. Anyone else ever done it this way?

I think another member here did it that way. Used a chain fall I think to pick the front of the car up, roll the engine and transmission, mounted on the subframe under, drop the car down.

I think it would be doable, the engine, even with a exhaust header and the intake/carbs mounted, isn’t as wide as the distance between the frame rails. Some maneuvering might be needed around the compression rod pockets.

Also, once the car is down around the drivetrain, the crossmember transmission mount and compression rods will be difficult to get to, even if the front suspension has the wheels and tires on it.

It would be easier with a two post lift, and the subframe, engine and transmission could be set on a workbench, allowing better access to the underside bits that will need to be fastened.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoldUlysses said:

Beautiful!  Still planning on running the coolant-heated intake manifolds?  I see the tube still in the t-stat housing.

Thanks. I think it it coming together pretty nice. I am planning to keep the manifold "cooling" 🤣 intact unless it gives me an issue. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, emccallum said:

I have decided its good to be a gamecock fan (even though my kids go/went to Clemson) as there is no need to watch the entire game. Its usually over by half time 🙂 and I can get back to the shop. 

I have a friend in Rock Hill. She says it's fun to be a Gamecocks fan, 'cause she can chant, "Go Cocks!", repeatedly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1