IGNORED

Pass Side Wiring Harness Removal

Muzez

Anyone have any advice on how to get this blue connector out from the passenger side wiring harness holder?

I have been working on this for 20 minutes or so but I can’t get it out. I tried using a set of needle noise plyers to get play in the plastic, but it’s pretty rigid. Pretty sure I am going to destroy it getting it out.

Any advice? Is there a tool for this??

-muze 

Edited by Muzez

• Muzez changed the title to Pass Side Wiring Harness Removal

They are a MAJOR pain to get out of the holder. I think I was able to get 3 out before I resorted to cutting. 

There are 4 tabs that hold in each connector to the mount. I used small flat head screwdrivers to pry them open.

@SteveJ I believe he is referring to the big white bulkhead mount for the wiring harness to dash, body, and fuse box. My google skills arent up to par to find a photo. 

49 minutes ago, Barefootdan said:

They are a MAJOR pain to get out of the holder. I think I was able to get 3 out before I resorted to cutting. 

There are 4 tabs that hold in each connector to the mount. I used small flat head screwdrivers to pry them open.

@SteveJ I believe he is referring to the big white bulkhead mount for the wiring harness to dash, body, and fuse box. My google skills arent up to par to find a photo. 

Exactly, thanks Dan. I tried using the screwdriver but no luck. Do I need to do screw drivers on either side? Is there a tool I can buy that makes it easier?

Okay, so it's these tabs holding it in. The one on our top right is the clearest.

image.png

You'll need to push out the sides a little to separate the tabs. Have you tried some long-nosed pliers pushing against the sides on top, pushing on the other side to get the connector past the tabs?

I tried to take a photo of that, but it doesn't look like it would work well.

20220227_185654.jpg

You may be able to use the pliers to squeeze one tab at a time and push past it.

Or a tool like this may be able to facilitate my first idea: https://www.amazon.com/SPEEDWOX-Installing-Gearshift-Automobile-Transmission/dp/B07QWTB149

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SteveJ said:

Okay, so it's these tabs holding it in. The one on our top right is the clearest.

image.png

You'll need to push out the sides a little to separate the tabs. Have you tried some long-nosed pliers pushing against the sides on top, pushing on the other side to get the connector past the tabs?

I tried to take a photo of that, but it doesn't look like it would work well.

20220227_185654.jpg

You may be able to use the pliers to squeeze one tab at a time and push past it.

Or a tool like this may be able to facilitate my first idea: https://www.amazon.com/SPEEDWOX-Installing-Gearshift-Automobile-Transmission/dp/B07QWTB149

Thanks Steve! You are a hero. Had the the same idea with the snap ring pliers, just haven’t been able to find my set haha. Will give another look tomorrow morning and if I can’t find them, I will try the needle nose again.