IGNORED

What are these tubes in the hatch for?

fusion

What are these tubes for? At first I thought maybe for air release when the hatch is closed but I thought that's what the holes behind the C pillar emblems were for.  Car is a 1976 280z that I am getting ready for paint and if these don't serve any purpose for me I'm going to cut them off and weld closed.  I am using a plastic Camaro fuel tank if that matters.

20220205_141821.jpg

5 minutes ago, fusion said:

Do they go behind the plastic trim piece that covers the back of the taillights?

Yes.  Easier to just plug them to block fumes and leave them for someone down the line who might go resto on the car.  Plus, they're good ports for electrical wires in the future.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, fusion said:

Thanks guys.  Do they go behind the plastic trim piece that covers the back of the taillights?  Or are they exposed?  If exposed I'm going to remove them

As Zed said ^ They are behind the plastic panel in the rear, and the one on the right rear, where the vent tank sits. 

If you are not using the tank I would look for some rubber caps to seal them off. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 7.17.29 AM.png

• Agree 1