IGNORED

L28 front cover

ennisdavis

10 hours ago, Patcon said:

yes, potentially. Depends how hard it is to get out

pull a piano-wire between the seal and the timing cover, also lower the pan a bit as someone already mentioned. for seals use a good liquid one, those aftermarket (paper?) seals these days are not the best.. liquid seal is good after some days and easy.

3 minutes ago, ennisdavis said:

Liquid, as in rtv?? If so i never would do that.

haha.. the liquid seals these days are very good..  ask your autoshop ..  Me myself use the blue stuff.. i don't know the name but liquid sealer is handy and better than paper. (just my opinion)

What also is possible, do some liquid seal on original seals. one side.. than it's easy to open (valvecover?) and on both side timing cover..  not easy to open but as there are water and OIL !!  channels going through that it's very important to seal it perfectly.

What you mean with rtv i don't know but you need to use a good liquid seal.. not some silicone badroomsealer haha..

At the moment i use loctite blue on my L28 that just needs a new set of seals after 42 years.. I bought a set of seals but not all are in there sadly..  so you have to be creative.

Anyone here has bad experience with using liquid seals in/on any engine??

(often i use it both a paper seal with some liquid sealer on it.. on both sides.  And sometimes on one side like on the valvecover, makes checking valveclearance a easy job.)

9 hours ago, ennisdavis said:

Which planet do you live on?

The same one as you, You know.. the one that is going to heat up like crazy, because people don't give a damn..   sorry guys..thats a complete other subject.. 🙊