IGNORED

280z battery

ennisdavis

1 hour ago, SteveJ said:

Actually, I had a 24F in my 240Z a long time ago and made the mistake of driving it without having the battery fully secured. When I made a right turn, the battery moved left, and the positive post contacted the engine. Fortunately, I put out the electrical fire before the car burned up. I am all for using the 24 instead of the 24F based upon my personal experience.

I would have thought from your experience that you would never drive your car without the battery being secured!  😁

Obviously the solution is to build a plastic enclosure around the engine, or paint it with a durable non-conductive coating.

I didn't say either way was better.  I just pointed out that his battery post orientation is not the way the factory sent it out.  Many alternatives possible.  How about in the storage box behind the seat?  Uuuummm...sulfur.