IGNORED

battery drain

Dolfinz

So I found the blk/wht wire from the engine harness going to C-7.  I checked for voltage on the output side of C-7 and there wasn't any, with the ig switch on.  I cut the wire and spliced it directly to the ignition switch blk/wht wire.  Now in the ON position I have 12v at the blk/wht at the VR and just under 11v at the F terminal on the alternator.  I will try starting it over the weekend and advise if this has resolved the issue.

4 hours ago, Dolfinz said:

So I started it and checked the voltage at the F terminal.  It was 5.5-6v.  The voltage at the blk/wht wire going in to the VR was 12v.  Motor off and IG switch ON at F terminal 11.9v.  Suggestions?

Start the engine and see what the voltage at the battery is with the engine running.

2 hours ago, Yarb said:

@SteveJ This looks like a corroded or broken harness. What are the chances of having a bad ground connection?

It wouldn't hurt to see what that looks like. @Dolfinz - Could you take a photo of the negative terminal of the battery, the end of the battery cable at the starter and where the smaller wire attaches at the firewall? Bad grounds can cause a lot of frustration.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...