IGNORED

Figuring out the best off set and wheel and tire combo

J Shara

Does anyone know or have any info as to the set up that Gordon McSwain is running on his car. Rim and tire size?, width?, Offset? His car was featured at S.E.M.A week where it raced against some other modified 350 z's I think.  It has been a trial and error for alot of people to get just the right wheel and tire fitment and look on the S30. In my opinion, the Watanabe RS in gun metal is the best looking rim on these cars, but the offset and back spacing changes the overall look. I was reading on the "post your wheel and tire" forum and one member got some from Japan and said they were 15x8 with 0 offset, but they looked much different from Gordon's car. In my opinion, Gordon's car is perfect, perfect stance and perfect look. The look I want for my Z one day.

datsun-nissan-240Z-triple-stripe-side-decal-graphic-stripe_1024x1024.jpg

Without seeing a rear or side view, I bet he's running pretty wide and deep dish.  Those fender flares are probably installed over cut body panels.  Offset it probably not zero if he's running stock struts.  Then again, if it's a race car I doubt he's running stock suspension under that car.

• Like 1