Figuring out the best off set and wheel and tire combo - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Figuring out the best off set and wheel and tire combo

Featured Replies

Does anyone know or have any info as to the set up that Gordon McSwain is running on his car. Rim and tire size?, width?, Offset? His car was featured at S.E.M.A week where it raced against some other modified 350 z's I think.  It has been a trial and error for alot of people to get just the right wheel and tire fitment and look on the S30. In my opinion, the Watanabe RS in gun metal is the best looking rim on these cars, but the offset and back spacing changes the overall look. I was reading on the "post your wheel and tire" forum and one member got some from Japan and said they were 15x8 with 0 offset, but they looked much different from Gordon's car. In my opinion, Gordon's car is perfect, perfect stance and perfect look. The look I want for my Z one day.

datsun-nissan-240Z-triple-stripe-side-decal-graphic-stripe_1024x1024.jpg

  • Author

This is Travel'n man's car. Also has RS watanabe's

57668278a73b0_Datsun1.thumb.JPG.fac9cd8a77fb9faa9c1c5304ea13696e.jpeg

Edited by J Shara
Add text

  • Author

The lip appears much deeper. I'm assuming that these rims are not as wide as Gordon's car

Edited by J Shara
Add text

Without seeing a rear or side view, I bet he's running pretty wide and deep dish.  Those fender flares are probably installed over cut body panels.  Offset it probably not zero if he's running stock struts.  Then again, if it's a race car I doubt he's running stock suspension under that car.

Maybe ‘Datsun Spirit’ can sort you out, they posted these photos.

 

9ADC854C-20BD-4802-A978-EB71BC5CEDC2.jpeg

DF2A8E2C-38F4-4313-96E1-8E4E7D926298.jpeg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.