IGNORED

280z Bosch Relay Correlation? Stock Relay vs Porsche Relay

kyle146

So it seems like the EFI relay in question changed location from the '76 and '77 280Zs under the driver's side dash above the hood release to being housed inside the engine bay within the steel "black box" by the passenger side strut tower and the fusible links. Is it still the exact same relay as in the previous 280Zs? Will the Bosch 120 work in the '78 to replace the OEM relay?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Looking at this as my 75 has the original relay with 250K miles on it... The 120 relay is no longer 'cheap' at anywhere from $170 on up in searches. I have the original 127 from my 87 Fiat/Bertone X1/9, but I'd hardly consider that a safe spare.

I'm wondering if anyone documented the resistor value for the AFM circuit. That would be the only 'special'  component required. Diodes are just diodes. The VW site linked is very informative, but does not give that info.

PXL_20230417_214935299.jpg

Edited by HusseinHolland