IGNORED

HG leak? Coolant leak help!!

dylancorrea1

To be honest, it is a pain but I would do both hoses and the rubber gromments on the fire wall
Start loosening at the bottom and let it drain. I don't think the contents of the radiator will come out but aftet seeing your photo you need to change the fluid. Shouldn't be rusty looking.

Radiator was rusty thats why I upgraded and did a coolant change. I will most likely do another coolant flush just to assure no rusty coolant left. Thank you for the part number, Nissan dealer was a little confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

Anything past '95? they don't know. I'm buying parts for a 240sx as long as they know. You have to just tell them the part number or they argue with you, mine do at least. It may be '93 when they changed over? I can't remember.

Another thing just by looking at your original hoses is the heater valve. They go bad all the time and dump coolant on the passenger's floorboard. It's another pain in the butt to change out but sooner or later you'll have a problem.

I did the whole thing a year or so ago. The valve is about $40 and you'll need another short hose with it. Sorry I don't have that part number handy but here's the valve.

20210524_164524.jpg

Anything past '95? they don't know. I'm buying parts for a 240sx as long as they know. You have to just tell them the part number or they argue with you, mine do at least. It may be '93 when they changed over? I can't remember.
Another thing just by looking at your original hoses is the heater valve. They go bad all the time and dump coolant on the passenger's floorboard. It's another pain in the butt to change out but sooner or later you'll have a problem.
I did the whole thing a year or so ago. The valve is about $40 and you'll need another short hose with it. Sorry I don't have that part number handy but here's the valve.
20210524_164524.thumb.jpg.3457135099b4b48693b5b0ce0cfcc5e6.jpg

Thank you for all the advise, really helping me get the car running as a daily, I’ll look into replacing it next pay check currently have headlight upgrades and ignition switch coming in. Yeah the worker was arguing with me about a simple heater hose and was rude about it.

Yeah it's fun after you realize what's not on their screen. I used to get funked up and call local parts stores and asked about a water pump for a '82 911. Keep them on the phone forever.

Its quite fun, ima go in person and waste his time for a bit for being rude, might not even get the part from.

14 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Cliff

Let me know where you can find those control valves for $40.  I'll take 3....   

I think you will find they are around $100   :ph34r:

14 hours ago, siteunseen said:

20210524_164524.jpg

Yes please share where you find these for $40, I'd like 2 for spares. I found one for $50 years ago. but now......

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 5.29.25 AM.png

12 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Well it was almost 7 years ago so sorry about that, time flies for me now, but my Nissan dealer down the street. $42

Must be a special "down the street" deal. with the PCP Account  🤪

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 5.57.44 AM.png

Edited by Terrapin Z
distracted
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, dylancorrea1 said:

One more thing, before removing the hose must I drain the whole cooling system as well? Or just the hose?

https://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-fluid-line-clamp-set-65116.html

I was changing out my fuel filter at my buddies hose and getting fuel all over his garage when he showed me these. 

Wish I knew about them years ago, so much fuel down my arm. Helps when you’re messing with coolant lines to. 

• Like 1