IGNORED

I need some paint help!

Roberts280Z

13 hours ago, siteunseen said:

You can pipe that in the outgoing line from the compressor? In through the condenser and then out to your tool? Never seen that before but what a great idea. I've struggled with moisture in my line for years. Mainly sandblasting.

From the compressor/air pump through the A/C condenser and then down to the 80gal tank which drains at the bottom,  the air leaves the tank on the side near the top then through 2 water filters and finally a disposable screw on water filter on the bottom of the gun.  The A/C condenser was purchased new for $40 and the old furnace blower fan I got for free from residential HVAC contractor.

IMG_0952.JPG

Ah, I get it now. Straight out of the piston pump to the condenser then back to the tank. I've got one moisture trap like your's after the psi regulator and a smaller one I use right onto to tool. Also a open/close valve and about a 6" piece of brass attached to that to reach a plastic coffee container that I bleed it into pretty often.

My first dummy question; does the condenser need anything to activate it's cooling? Or just freon and the blower fan pushing air through it? Thank you Chris. I appreciate your ideas and pay attention to all your post. "See one, do one and teach one".

13 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Ah, I get it now. Straight out of the piston pump to the condenser then back to the tank. I've got one moisture trap like your's after the psi regulator and a smaller one I use right onto to tool. Also a open/close valve and about a 6" piece of brass attached to that to reach a plastic coffee container that I bleed it into pretty often.

My first dummy question; does the condenser need anything to activate it's cooling? Or just freon and the blower fan pushing air through it? Thank you Chris. I appreciate your ideas and pay attention to all your post. "See one, do one and teach one".

The condenser is a radiator (or air-to-air intercooler).  As the air compresses, it builds up heat. When the compressed air passes through the condenser, the fan is moving air past the coils and pulls the heat out of the compressed air. With the cooler temperature, the water vapor in the compressed air is more likely to condense. If you can trap the water as liquid in the tank, there is less water vapor later on to try to trap as you are using the compressed air.

• Like 1

I am always curious and touching things I regret later. That copper line from the compressor to the holding tank was one of them. It was very hot. When I was 15 a friend's Dad bought one of those turbo Regals. He was showing us the turbo and I reached over and grabbed that stainless braided hose and sported that burned in pattern for months on my hand. Still do that kind of dumb stuff today. LOL

image.png

• Like 2

@siteunseen
 When I was in high school, I was under a car welding up an exhaust system during shop class.  While under there, I noticed a pair of high heels and some very nice long legs right next to the car.  "Hmm", I says to myself.  "Now, do I want to be under this here car, or do should I roll on out and see what's at the top of those legs?".  How that time I realize I've managed to get the red hot brazing rod firmly embedded in the crook of my elbow - complete with the smell of bar-b-qued meat.

Still wanting to see what was at the top of those legs, I slid on out out, slowly.  You don't want to rush these things.

I swear in that moment I felt absolutely no pain whatsoever.   In fact, I could have stayed there looking up forever.

• Haha 2