L20b Cody's Goon - Page 11 - 510 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

L20b Cody's Goon

Featured Replies

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

So status, we figured out how to hot wire the car since we don't have an engine bay harness currently @SteveJ :)

We have spark and we have fuel but we couldn't get it to fire. Even with Ether...

We have good compression and we have the dizzy on the car on the compression stroke. Although the timing isn't set yet. But rotating it while cranking, we didn't get anything. No bump, no belch, no nothing...

Valve adjustment was done recently

My only idea at this point is that we flooded the engine with all the cranking time to sort the spark and distributors. Any other ideas??

  • Author

Thanks for that.

We set the plug #1 position by TDC and the rotor position. So we ended up with that L20 positioning through our methodology by accident

  • Author

I know I found one in the past but I don't know where.

The rear cargo lamp for the 72 510 wagon 26410-W9600

Does anyone have one or have a link?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Temp choke cables

20251005_134543_resized.jpg

20251005_134545_resized.jpg

New problem, taller motor means the mechanical throttle linkage won't work

20251005_142738_resized.jpg

20251005_142741_resized.jpg

20251005_142745_resized.jpg

I was wondering if the 240z cable conversion would work @KenFirch

4 hours ago, Patcon said:

I was wondering if the 240z cable conversion would work @KenFirch

Yeah, I don’t think my 240Z bracket would work since the carb spacing is closer together on the L20. I need to hunt down someone near me with a 510 to prototype a kit.

  • Author

So I need some help on the door glass sweeps

I have two seals. A small one

20251018_162325_resized.jpg

20251018_162328_resized.jpg

20251018_162334_resized.jpg

I believe it fits in the channel at the top of the door on the inside of the glass?? Not sure on the orientation

The other is larger

20251018_162340_resized.jpg

20251018_162342_resized.jpg20251018_162353_resized.jpg

It's fuzzy on one side and I assume it goes on the chrome trims on the outside of the door to sweep the exterior of the glass??

I tried to find any decent pictures online but I couldn't find any

@grannyknot

Maybe somebody has a Dime they could make some pictures for me?

20251018_162344_resized.jpg

Hmmm. I don't recognize either of those. Are those original Datsun w/s?

  • Author

No, they are not...

I believe they came from Datsport in Australia who for the longest time was one of the only places to have some of the wagon weatherstripping

Do you have a 510 door or trim with any remnants on it?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.