IGNORED

Ebay shipping time machine

I had one more thought about this appropriations bill thing and then I'm gonna go back to working on cars...

I was wondering about the one side "using Covid as blackmail" thing to get stuff put into the bill other side didn't want. I found a copy of last years Consolidated Appropriations Act 2020. Last years version of the same big appropriations bill.

Well guess what... That stuff did NOT get stuck in there with Covid. In fact, that other stuff was already IN there. The Covid relief stuff is new, but the rest of that stuff? Already there.

Some of the numbers changed a little (presumably for inflation?), but the same language for the same things was already there. I found the first four items and stopped. I'm assuming the rest of them are all in there as well.

So what's the point? The point is... It's the example of twisted misleading "semi-facts" that are being used to tell you what your opinion is. It sounds plausible or it wouldn't work. And it sounds like something terrible that one side forced on the other using Covid relief as blackmail, but in fact it was in there already. And it was approved before.

The people who are complaining about these items now... They approved it last year, right? And they didn't flag it as a problem last year, right? And they've had a year to finish reading last years details, right? I didn't dig back further than last year, but I suspect much of that stuff goes back a number of years.

Here's what I'm talking about:
approp.jpg

Makes me wonder why are they making such a stink about all of a sudden? Wasn't it just as much of a problem last year? Did they just get around to doing their job and reading it this year? Did someone suggest they could blame the other side for blackmail and nobody would actually read any of it and figure out that it's not true? Did someone above them tell them their opinion and now they're telling you yours?

OK... I think I'm talked out.   LOL   I think I'm gonna go machine something.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Once you log in to eBay, you will have the respective categories at the top, there you will find categories such as appliances, electronics, fashion, garden, health, etc. in these categories, you can find millions of products and, according to your preferences, Choose the product the desired number. And after that, I saw how I can choose another package transport company, and I found the ones from yanwen who does an ok job. Only the price is a bit high when delivering a single package, compared to other companies but it arrived the whole package.

Edited by PsksiOm

Don’t know how we got into politics, then murder hornets, but back to poor delivery service.

I ordered 4 wheels for my 72 Z    a few months ago, and they have been on back order. They finally have become available, and were shipped last week with a delivery date of last Saturday. Sure enough, the arrived at Burlington, WA Saturday afternoon, too late to get on the delivery wagon.

No problem, they will be delivered Monday.

Nope.

The trailer has been sitting unloaded ever since, getting scanned twice a day. I called FedEx yesterday and they say there is a huge backlog of freight there, and it will get unloaded “soon”.

I don’t get why all of a sudden there is a problem. Two weeks prior the same merchant sent an order that traveled 1,800 miles out of the way (it is 800 miles from the merchant to my house). It arrived a week late, but didn’t sit in a trailer for a week first.

During the last three months, I have ordered two large items that required FedEx handling because of the size of the box.  Both items arrived impaled.  Both items were packed well.  The boxes held up and were not deformed, just a big gash in the side that made its way through to damage the contents.  I have had no problems with USPS or UPS, just FedEx.

• Agree 1