IGNORED

Removing Emergency Brake Cable

adivin

How do you remove the e brake cable from the two attachment points under the car?  I was able to finally get the two retaining clips out (what a bitch) but still can't get the cable out from between the bracket that is on the car.

6 minutes ago, zKars said:

The gap is to pass the bare little cable once you’ve pushed the main metal body back through the big hole. Whack the end until it dislodges from the bracket, moving to the left in your picture. 

Shoot,  I just pried one bracket open to the cable out before I saw your reply. The other side slid right out just like you said. Thanks!

30 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

Oops, nix the cotter key answer. The pin is secured in place by the adjustment screw, it has a square nut on each side of the mounting bracket at the handle. Loosen the rear nut and unscrew the adjustment screw.

123596479_362858131692913_4238429046530574357_n.jpg

Ok, now I'm ready to deal with this.  Could they have made this anymore difficult?

44 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

Oops, nix the cotter key answer. The pin is secured in place by the adjustment screw, it has a square nut on each side of the mounting bracket at the handle. Loosen the rear nut and unscrew the adjustment screw.

123596479_362858131692913_4238429046530574357_n.jpg

I'm wondering how the adjustment screw is secured to that equalizer pin. Is it threaded or should it just slide out once I loosen the square nuts?