IGNORED

loose Distributor CAP = Perfect idle

ira

14 hours ago, Yarb said:

Including inside the eyelet of the cable.

I once had a reading of over 10 M-ohms between the battery plus and the cable clamb on it!!!  and could not SEE anything wrong with it.. so .. and i sayd it a lot of times, new does not mean it is a perfect part.. check your connections..  8,2 ohms is way to much for a battery (realy FAT) cable..

• Like 1

I've only tracked back one page in these comments, so perhaps someone else has already mentioned this: 

Before you go any further, buy or borrow another meter and repeat a few of your measurements.  It's not impossible that your meter is the culprit.  Best to confirm or eliminate that possibility now.

5 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

I once had a reading of over 10 M-ohms between the battery plus and the cable clamb on it!!!  and could not SEE anything wrong with it.. so .. and i sayd it a lot of times, new does not mean it is a perfect part.. check your connections..  8,2 ohms is way to much for a battery (realy FAT) cable..

agreed.

2 hours ago, Namerow said:

I've only tracked back one page in these comments, so perhaps someone else has already mentioned this: 

Before you go any further, buy or borrow another meter and repeat a few of your measurements.  It's not impossible that your meter is the culprit.  Best to confirm or eliminate that possibility now.

yup, will get a new one and test in a day or so.  it should warm up in NJ on Friday

On 11/5/2020 at 1:12 PM, ira said:

results of resistance measurements ....  Keeping in mind that my Klein MM300 indicates .3 or .2 when the 2 leads touch, i will assume that's my zero.

Klein makes pretty good stuff and your lead test is about normal.

18 hours ago, ira said:

It's not impossible that your meter is the culprit. 

Oh YES..That could be the problem.   I've got a Beckman Industrial ..  (But that's for the pro's  haha)  These days you can get a multimeter for 20-50 $ ,  but 45 years ago i bought me, as a little boy a analog multimeter as also a friend did.. But he tried to measure the internal resistance of a wall-socket..  it turnt very shortly into a fan.. 😂   I'm proud to say mine still working after many many use, and 45 years!!

Back to topic..  It's always good to have more than one meter.. i got 5-6 .. but i'm an electronics guy..  (old electronics haha..  that new stuff is unrepairable!!  made to throw away!!) 

Another tip:  always close (short circuit) your meter leads before measuring Ohms.. you should read about 0 ohms.. then measure the cable or fuse whatever. also use sharp pointy test probes.

7 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Another tip:  always close (short circuit) your meter leads before measuring Ohms.. you should read about 0 ohms.. then measure the cable or fuse whatever. also use sharp pointy test probes.

He already did this.  I quoted his post in the one right above yours.  I've found 0.2 - 0.3 is pretty common.  

7 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

He already did this.  I quoted his post in the one right above yours.  I've found 0.2 - 0.3 is pretty common.  

yeah..thats true about my Ohm meter.  back in collage i did a lot of motherboard testing and soldering.  so im aware of touching the leads before measureing

i'm hopping Friday will be warm enough for me to do more tracing. 

if anyone has pics of firewall spots to test or connect to that be cool 

Hey guys...

1) attached is pic for the battery connector i used.  i measure ohms on cables with out having this installed and i get 0 ohms almost on all connections (on screw below batter tray, on intake manifold screw, as well as the starter screw).

after installing the connector i do see ohm reading of about 1~5 ohms depending where you touch.    Battery leads have been cleaned very well w sand paper.

2) one connector below the fan was very oily.  cleaned it up pretty good

3) found one loose red & yellow connector

4) Cut wires (black , Black/Brown).  its obvious they were cut w a sharp object as they are very clean cut

5) what are these 2 sensors?

as of now,  condition is the same.  once the car is warmed up the idle has some blimps and missing.

unplugging injector 6 still has no effect on engine sound, or idling.

not sure whats next

Battery Cabel.JPG

oily plug.JPG

loose Yellow & Red wire.JPG

cut wires 01.JPG

cut wires 02.JPG

cut wires 03.JPG

What are these.JPG

21 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Does it still run better when you lift the cap?

haven tired that.  i can give a try but someone here asked me to keep it tight as it should be

need to figure out why inject 6 doesn't make a diff when unplugged.  i do recall inector 6 making some diff when cap was raised.  it was very minimal change compared to other injectors however, i was able to notice a change in engine sound

Zed, do u have answer for 3 , 4 or 5?

tnx