IGNORED

Cool Tool of the Day. (CTOD)

zKars

23 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

So what is it that opens your garage door now though?  LOL

So nobody wonders why I said that? Nobody is even going to ask?

What? Am I the only person out there in the whole world that looked up the part number stamped on the handle on Jim's awesome transmission spinner device? Just me?     :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

What? Am I the only person out there in the whole world that looked up the part number stamped on the handle on Jim's awesome transmission spinner device? Just me?     :ph34r:

And finally life makes sense! I just realized what that piece of scrap used to be! And only you would zoom, google that PN and find out what it was.

I first thought that on certain garage doors of a certain period or place could be manually wound up or down with a crank and you were just wondering why I repurposed mine to this use. Silly me.

ED8E25DC-8682-4562-A225-96B69B64C8C2.jpeg

Edited by zKars

12 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I interpolated that it was part of a garage door mechanism from your post.

Saved me from doing what you did.

On 11/3/2021 at 10:36 AM, zKars said:

I just bought a cheap Amazon 10 mm 6point box end wrench and turned it into a flare nut wrench by using a thin cutoff wheel and making a 3/16 gap in the end! 

Oh, and by the way... Great minds think alike! Here's some pics of mine I made who knows how many years ago.

I used a cheap-o 12-point though because I figured that since I was going to be clamping the crap out of it with vice grips anyway, I opted for the maneuverability instead of the strength:
P1200126.JPG

Battle scars on the outside from all the vice-grips:
P1200128.JPG

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Oh, and by the way... Great minds think alike! Here's some pics of mine I made who knows how many years ago.

I used a cheap-o 12-point though because I figured that since I was going to be clamping the crap out of it with vice grips anyway, I opted for the maneuverability instead of the strength:
P1200126.JPG

Battle scars on the outside from all the vice-grips:
P1200128.JPG

At least its made in the USA.

• Like 1