IGNORED

Starting Carb Conversion: Flat Tops to Paltechs

Dadsun

I'd start by disconnecting the two linkage rods with the plastic ball ends and operate the three linkage assemblies from the gas pedal up to the carbs independently. Hopefully you'll be able to isolate the problem. As an alternative, if you haven't lubed all the pivot points yet, you could start at the pedal and start oiling all the pivot points one at a time until you find one that may be binding.

I'd like to thank you guys for the discussion on this.  I have a similar issue (difficult to control engine speed just off idle).  Lubricating all the linkage points helped, but making the adjustment JFA mentioned also made improvement.  I don't think I even knew that ball was adjustable.  I shortened it as much as possible, the height of the throttle pedal was raised slightly, but low RPM does seem easier to control.

On 4/7/2021 at 9:16 AM, jfa.series1 said:

adjust that rod shorter and soften the response a bit.

@jfa.series1, your suggestion to shorten that rod helped a lot. Thanks! See pic of new angle. I also swapped back to my original "pirate's hook" assembly since the one I recently acquired was at a more dramatic angle. Also put a little white lithium grease in some spots.

PXL_20210410_160313366.jpg

PXL_20210410_162609713.jpg

• Like 2