IGNORED

Remember When?

DatsunZGuy

One of my quarantine projects was to clean out my files of old documents. 

While sorting through some old car receipts, I stumbled across an invoice from December of 2003 for a complete NOS exhaust system purchased from Courtesy Nissan.  With a $70.00 freight charge, the whole system set me back $297.48.  Given what a NOS exhaust system would run for today, I should have bought a couple more and sat on them 😉 
image.jpeg

I recently saw a Datsun 240Z  used parts ad for a pair of used Koito headlights with an asking price of $300.00, which got me to thinking:

Anyone else have old receipts or recall the prices for parts that today would require the sacrificing of a kidney to own?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DatsunZGuy said:

a pair of used Koito headlights with an asking price of $300.00,

USED... I got a set NEW IN ORIGINAL BOX.. bought them in a package of many parts years ago, they are now worth the price of the whole package.. there where a lot of bodyparts like fenders and trunklid/hoods in that package.

10 years ago bought a 5 speed gearbox for a 280zx, they are now selling them for 20 times! the old price!    (really, bought one for 75 euro and now they askt 1500 for them! used!!)