IGNORED

240z running rough

rosaaen89

they were probably both a bit below half i’d say about 35-40% full. would i just turn the adjustment knobs on both equally maybe 1/2-1 more turn?

i’m currently waiting for new fuel pump i ordered should be in tomorrow. idk if the pump is bad but there was a decent amount of oil in the fuel pump when o pulled it off

they were probably both a bit below half i’d say about 35-40% full. would i just turn the adjustment knobs on both equally maybe 1/2-1 more turn?

Don’t even!!!! What you are doing is widening or narrowing the annulus area of the jet by doing that and using different parts of the needle. Do it right and do it once! Otherwise you will waste a lot of time chasing your tail. Ask me how I know. The float adjustment being right is mega important on these carbs.

• Like 3

Here's the dead giveaway I've seen most often. The metal tang on top of the floats are bent up like a ramp and they shouldn't be. The higher up the less fuel, the needles get pushed in too soon cutting the flow. Here are some pictures I found that will  help.

This is what you do not want,

IMG_1448.jpg

This is what they look like new so you want them close to this,

Screenshot_2018-02-11-18-32-20.png

I say they should look like a speed bump, not a ramp. The needle should be able to move smoothly over the tang up and down like a speed bump.

float bend.png

• Like 1