IGNORED

Mystery Part

KenFirch

Okay, I know I'm getting old, but I usually still do a decent job of putting parts on the right storage shelf of the different make cars I work on.  Found this on the Z shelf, which I took apart 3+ years ago, and I'm not sure if it goes on the Z or not. Looks like an interior part or something.   If so, please give me a hint so I can return it to it's original location.  If not, never mind....

Thanks!   Ken

IMG_6176.JPG

• 1 month later...

Okay, back to this mystery part. I think it’s the fitting that holds the hot end of the 2” pre heater flex hose that connects to the bottom of the air cleaner cover. You know, the one most people remove because it’s such a PITA. [emoji846]. So, it slides around the front part of the exhaust manifold, and the bottom end of the flex hose connects to it. Must not be a factory part though, maybe a quick fix back in the California smog days? Anyway, don’t see any other place on the exhaust manifold or shield to connect hose, and I don’t need it where I live anyway.

44a9d423002e2e52b570c17d410b03d0.jpg