IGNORED

Drivers side front tire negative camber

AZDatsun

What areas should I look at when the drivers side front tire has more negative camber than all others? I have new shocks and springs but can’t figure out why one is not the same. Any measurements that I can take to tell me if it’s the frame or the strut or some other part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I have poly bushings on the control arms.

I measured from the strut housing to the same spot on the tire on both sides and the one with negative camber is a smaller number so I am guessing that could mean a bent spindle? Would a better measurement be with the tires off to the rotor? That would isolate it to the strut assembly I guess.

I just measured from here on the shock to a straight edge on the rotor with the measurements I got below it’s a clear indicator of why I have more negative camber on the drivers side. I just am not sure what I should do to fix this buy a new strut assembly?

82bcff1e9657b3edcd4d93f1c97f22a4.jpg&key=95b9d8f3bc645118dd73300daf0b2fd0f5bb0f09ac33871d023967f210776088

Drivers side

3 5/8”

Passenger side

3 7/8”

This should eliminate any other issues with the car other than either the strut is bent or the spindle is bent right?

5 hours ago, AZDatsun said:

Drivers side

3 5/8”

Passenger side

3 7/8”

Can you see any signs of damage where the tube enters the casting?  Maybe someone hit a curb in the past.

I never realized how dependent the hub alignment is on that joint with the tube.  

image.png

I don’t see damage but maybe it’s a smooth bend and hard to pickup with the eye.

Although now thinking about it I am not sure what side has the correct measurement. I can’t find that measurement in the fsm or what any of the angles should be

This is great info thank you all. I think I need to take it to a good alignment shop to get “SAI” and that will really pinpoint what could be wrong. Still leaning towards something in the bottom of the strut housing with a slight tweak. I will update this as I get numbers back from an alignment

• Like 1