IGNORED

240Z blue interior paint

DC871F

25 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Check SEM color charts. Seems like Pacific Blue has been discussed on here before but if memory serves me right, which it does not, may be too dark. Good luck. 

Yeah, looks a little dark, but thats from a computer screen. Datsun, kind of like VW, they didnt expect for these cars to be around 50 years later.

• Like 1

I think i had my body shop supply create a custom mix. It looked perfect to the MSA seat covers I bought. I’ll see if I can find a partial can left, it might have the formula.

90FA82FA-A6C6-4C07-88A6-834FA05BAD7B.jpeg

I’m a huge fan of butterscotch interior on dark green cars, but when I did this pure white with blue interior it was love at first sight.

Edited by zKars
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, zKars said:

I think i had my body shop supply create a custom mix. It looked perfect to the MSA seat covers I bought. I’ll see if I can find a partial can left, it might have the formula.

90FA82FA-A6C6-4C07-88A6-834FA05BAD7B.jpeg

I’m a huge fan of butterscotch interior on dark green cars, but when I did this pure white with blue interior it was love at first sight.

I'm restoring this 73 which has red interior, but I'm really digging the blue, so I think I'm right there with you, its fantastic.

20170215_175552_1489194247581.jpg

19 minutes ago, zKars said:

found my can of blue. it does not have a mix code. just says "SEM 5312 adjusted"

Great....

some base then he fiddled until it matched my sample

Bummer, I was all set for some great Intel. No problem, I'll get a sample and see if I can get a match. I'm definitely going with 904white and the blue interior.

6 hours ago, DC871F said:

I'm restoring this 73 which has red interior, but I'm really digging the blue, so I think I'm right there with you, its fantastic.

20170215_175552_1489194247581.jpg

Blue Interiors only came with some 1970 and 1971 904 White and 903 Blue cars. It's the rarest 240Z interior color by far.  1972 and  1973 240Zs only came with Red interiors. If you're going to restore the car back to its original stock colors, Red would be the only correct interior color for your '73.  

10 minutes ago, lonetreesteve said:

Blue Interiors only came with some 1970 and 1971 904 White and 903 Blue cars. It's the rarest 240Z interior color by far.  1972 and  1973 240Zs only came with Red interiors. If you're going to restore the car back to its original stock colors, Red would be the only correct interior color for your '73.  

I hear you. This 240 is the 5th one I have had, and try to keep them mostly original, but this 240 is my first rotisserie job, and will be a life long keeper. With that said, it will be my kids problem to deal with when I'm gone, and since I just turned 47, it will hopefully be a few years. 

Maybe this is a good time to say I'm making a Fairlady tribute as well out of it. Badging, fender mirrors, D hubcaps, JDM tail lights, etc. I love the Fairlady, but hate the right hand drive.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...