IGNORED

72 240Z question and mechanic in North Dallas needed

jtay

I spoke to the owner last week, there is a problem with Google.  Give them a call tomorrow.  (They have 3 240Zs in the shop right now!)

Their facbook page (https://www.facebook.com/texasretrosports/?eid=ARDxbiUNJ7CmAvESqCnPKjm5tiz6fa6gcbQrJLtMsZaviUMD4MxeDesDIUCZ6ugGhICE2qJoXW8ZK4Bx&timeline_context_item_type=intro_card_work&timeline_context_item_source=100000172742483&fref=tag) has my 1970 240Z on the first photo and my blue 1966 520 down the page.

Keith

Edited by zed2

Thanks Keith.  I have called multiple times today and it rings a while and then gets transfered and then VM at Republic Engine?  So have not talked with anyone yet.

On the compression numbers I think they are good.  I followed the below with 4-5 revolutions.  Someone said earlier they need to be above 165.  Guessing not with 4 revolutions.   thumbnail-54.jpeg

thumbnail-55.jpeg

Even compression #s (or close to it) in all the cylinders is more important than high #s in an old engine. Your second reading looks good. I've not limited the # of engine revolutions when testing compression in the past. I suspect that given a few more revs the #s would have popped up a few more p.s.i. I think you're good to go.

• Agree 1

Well I found out that on my fresh carbs one idle screw(A) was missing so it came in the mail today. I put it in and was able to get the air flow corrected.  The front SU was pulling a whole lot more air than the second one.  Now they are even.  I hear these are easy to tune so if anyone has what my next step should be let me know.  I took it for a test drive and it did drive a little better but I know there is more to tune.  Thanks.  Pics below.

imageproxy.php.jpeg

thumbnail-56.jpeg

• 2 years later...

Any other suggestions on a mechanic or local member who can help me get these carbs tuned right and help in getting the car running better.  Texas Retrosports has gone out of business.  The owner moved.  Any other leads around DFW area.  I am specifically in Allen area.  Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...