IGNORED

Battery hold down

Z Kid

Not sure where I should have posted this, but you can be guaranteed that it ended up in the wrong spot. I am after one of two things, a few detailed photos of a battery hold down bracket for the 240Z, or a cheap one that someone is willing to sell me. Prefer one in Australia, but if its free, I guess the shipping would beworth while. Looked everywhere and can't find one here.

Cheers Chris

Making one is not a problem, and it is what I intended to do originally, however I have not been able to find the dimensions, a part number etc, but not the dimensions of the steel and the actual overall size it should be. Even if someone just goes and measures theirs and grabs a photo of the part where it hooks into the firewall, it should be more than sufficient to create a pretty close replica.

Cheers Chris

This stuff is always on ebay or at MSA or VB. Cost is always the limiting factor. I use a really nice bungee. Adds color to the engine bay. Original hold down wouldn't fit battery. Would have limited my choice of batteries.

I'd highly recommend getting the VB equipment. Getting the frame and everything would run you about $30 USD, but you get security and peace of mind. I had my own makeshift setup when the old hold down came apart on me, but you make a couple jarring sharp turns, and you could end up loosening something up. Its especially a problem in a 240, where the engine bay has soooo much free room. I've had my battery almost completely slide off the tray, so its something to watch out for.

You could always try a bungie chord. I had an old Honda that I autoxed and having a bungie holding the battery in place it still passed tech inspection for autox. Super easy and cheap way to go but not really the best solution...just an idea.

• 1 month later...

Did you call your local Nissan Dealer's Parts Dept? They were available here

and very inexpensive (as 240-Z parts go)... I can't believe they couldn't get

one for you. (would save shipping costs if they could ). If you don't have it,

you could order the original battery tray that helps keep acid off the frame rails

also

Just measure the top of a Group 24 Battery - that's what the original hold

down's - held down.

Carl B.

send me an e-mail and I'll send you a picture..

beck@becksystems.com

Official Nissan Part Numbers:

Battery Tray 24428-N3600

Battery Frame 24420-E4600

Frame Hold-down bolt 24425-89903

Call your nearest Nissan dealership and quote the numbers above and they should be able to help you out.

Regards

Joseph