IGNORED

It's come a LONG way...

BoldUlysses

Thanks guys!  I'm really happy with how it's coming together.  Back when it was blue and dirty/rusty (although it still needs a good bath), I was concerned it looked a little "over-tired" with the 225-width Radial T/As, but with the new paint job and polished wheels I think it looks just right.

Also I'm shocked (pun intended) that I was able to get the wiring exactly right the first time...  I labeled some of the connectors, but not nearly enough of them, and I was half expecting to blow fuses and/or smell burning insulation, but....  It turned right over.  Took a while for the fuel filter and float bowls to fill, but when they did, it fired up no problem.

I have a synchrotester but I guess I need to source a Colortune?  Never used one before...

20 hours ago, BoldUlysses said:

Still needs a tune and bumpers and a myriad of other things, but I started it for the first time in 6.5 years (and since the body was restored) yesterday:

I've done everything except the actual body restoration (welding, paint, etc).  All the disassembly, reconditioning of parts, reassembly, etc.  It's been a LOT of work, and it's not over yet, but...   I just wanted to take a short victory lap.

Thanks for all the support and great advice. 

Looks great!  That silver looks more original to me than most.  Do you know the paint brand that was used?  And would you be able to get the code for that manfacturer's 901 silver?

3 hours ago, inline6 said:

Looks great!  That silver looks more original to me than most.  Do you know the paint brand that was used?  And would you be able to get the code for that manufacturer's 901 silver?

Hi Garrett.  Thanks!

I don't know, sorry.  My dad (the car's original owner) was the point man for the body restoration phase of the project...  I could see if he could find out if you're really curious.

• 1 year later...