IGNORED

Gas Tank restore and POR15

Dadsun

The longer 6+ ft vent hose that runs to the opposite side was at one point replaced with a 1/2" heater hose. Argh. You can see in the pic where is has rotted out where it meets up with the tank.

And the "special" large vent hose with the preformed bend is toast. Between this and the fact that my shifter boot was disintegrated, it's no wonder the cabin reeked of fuel and exhaust. 

The other linked thread was useful, although there are a lot of dead links to reference and parts sites. This last pic was buried in there. Diagram of the tank with hose sizes called out.

IMG_20200517_133540.jpg

IMG_20200517_133515.jpg

Screenshot_20200517-131723.png

I'm seriously considering replacing the steel  fuel supply line. Spent the afternoon repeatedly flushing out the line with break cleaner, and carb cleaner. Plugged it and let it sit for an hour, etc. Some say to use lacquer thinner. 

At any rate, debris keeps coming out. I may try pipe cleaners or flossing with weedeater line, but am also considering buying a set from classictube.com.

I'd sure like to know why the 1973 version is almost 3x the price of the 1969-72 versions. 240z fuel supply line

I seem to remember someone using braided steel cable to clean the lines. He inserted the cable all the way thru the line, frayed one end of the cable. hooked a drill motor to the other end and with the drill motor running he slowly pulled the cable back thru the line. I've not tried it but it sounds like fun.

• Like 1

Argh. Just got my zcardepot order in for some of the vent hoses.  

See pic. The special bend hose I thought I was getting is much smaller. Is the one in the package supposed to go on the vent opening just above the sending unit? It obviously doesn't fit the 5/8" vent near the back right bumper. That's the one that was rotted. I guess at this point I'll go buy four feet of that and two elbows. :-(

IMG_20200522_122800~2.jpg

Thanks. Some of the rubber grommets back there (and under the hood at the firewall) are either missing or deteriorated. Anyone successfully use something like Versimold to make various grommets?

Thanks. I may pick up one or two of those from Banzai, but some of the prices are just absurd. I can't stomach paying $80 for a choke cable grommet, for instance. Or $80 each for strut tower caps.