IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

Another presser at 1:30 west coast time, apparently.  25 minutes. Worth a watching, I'm sure.

Things are already getting back to normal.  R's and D's can't agree so nothing is being done on the final stimulus/bailout/recovery bill.  Arguing over how many people should be allowed to die, probably, and making sure nobody gets a handout.  Making sure they don't get any blame on them. 

Germany is the country where people wait for the walk signal at 2 am, with not a car in sight or sound.  I've seen it, it's true..

More Tweets about another Senator quarantining.  Apparently Rand aAul continued going to the gym even though he had been tested, and eventually came up positive.  Leadership...

• Like 1

Germany is the country where people wait for the walk signal at 2 am, with not a car in sight or sound.  I've seen it, it's true..
More Tweets about another Senator quarantining.  Apparently Rand aAul continued going to the gym even though he had been tested, and eventually came up positive.  Leadership...

That Germany comment is accurate same is true for Japan. The inability to be flexible, agile and know when a rule can be broken helped them lose the war. The was systemic in the Japanese army and Germans as well: leaders feared making decisions. Both are cultures of “rule followers”. You will be looked at dirty if you cross on red in both counties. This is also why they make great engineers and the products built in their factory’s have superior quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

They seem to be winning this war though. 

When you tell a German to exercise social distancing the do it like a religion. When you tell an American to do it that have beach parties and share beer bongs and marshmallows skewers.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Another presser at 1:30 west coast time, apparently.  25 minutes. Worth a watching, I'm sure.

Things are already getting back to normal.  R's and D's can't agree so nothing is being done on the final stimulus/bailout/recovery bill.  Arguing over how many people should be allowed to die, probably, and making sure nobody gets a handout.  Making sure they don't get any blame on them. 

I think that Trump wanted to announce the final deal but it got delayed.  They need to iron out the details...  No update today apparently.

That Germany comment is accurate same is true for Japan. The inability to be flexible, agile and know when a rule can be broken helped them lose the war. The was systemic in the Japanese army and Germans as well: leaders feared making decisions. Both are cultures of “rule followers”. You will be looked at dirty if you cross on red in both counties. This is also why they make great engineers and the products built in their factory’s have superior quality.

We did a study of this on my MBA - interestingly, history shows that the cultures mentioned - in general - excel at “incremental innovation” as a result and cultures like US / UK etc achieve “radical innovation”. Look at pharma innovations alone.

The Japanese in the 50s started to take the British on their turf with “pop pops” 25cc motorbike. The Brita scoffed at them down their noses as they were in the “dirty end” of the market and it didn’t matter. Then they moved onto 50cc and so on until the Brits had lost their lunch and had their arses handed to them.

In my personal experience in strategy / transformational consulting, when a Japanese CEO talks about strategy they are talking about 25 or more years. When their European counterparts do, it’s 5-10. When you get to the US it becomes 3ish years! ;) I do course caveat that with IN GENERAL.

There are of course exceptions but “in general” where “the nail that pops up is always hammered down” is prevalent in the culture, incremental innovation results.

Lecture over, so here’s a photo of the local pharmacy where surgical spirit, pain killers, sanitary products and nappies are all but gone ...

1cc26dda58998e3d532c64e9afd9b10e.jpg

I’m sure I’ll get lots of people that disagree with me this but if they allowed prices on things like toilet paper to go up commensurate with the demand you’d have it on the shelf right now. People would buy only what they need and not be jerks that fill they’re closet with a years worth of TP. You get the first pack at the standard price and every pack afterwards increases by 15% per pack. This shouldn’t apply to most food. But there would be chicken on my selves if selfish jerks didn’t buy it all. I watched a lady with 30 packs of chicken in her basket. Shame on people like this. They should have charged her extra with each additional package.

We had a guy charged with price gouging post hurricane Florence. This guy bought like 40 generators put them in a uhaul and drove them to NC from Florida. He was selling them at a much higher price trying to profit from his labor and rentals. Option 1: no generator for people. Option 2: you get one but have to pay more. I prefer option 2. It encourages people to move resources to where it’s most needed. Why truck a generator 600 miles if you can’t sell at a cost that covers your labor and trucking costs.

We had people buy all the N95 masks at Lowe’s 2 weeks ago. Now today.....Nobody gets one...screw you! Lowe’s should have said sure you can buy one box and if your want more boxes break out the big wallet!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/price-gouging-after-a-disaster-is-good-for-the-public-1507071457