IGNORED

Parts Refurb

jfa.series1

Making progress on a couple of fronts - a small plating run came back yesterday including the fittings for the license lights. Now I need some cooperation from the weather to finish painting the back covers - forecast winds of 10-20 for several days! ☹️

Prep work on the inspection lights is wrapped up, assembly getting underway. Reinstalling the ground wire staple is a real PITA!!! A couple of units completed with many more to go, all waiting on new lenses. Also, a quick visual comparison of the aftermarket metal switch (unpainted) compared to a NOS switch.

LL13.jpg

IL12.jpg

IL13.jpg

New Switch.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

On 3/15/2020 at 6:50 AM, Captain Obvious said:

Absolutely. That would be an easy part for 3D printing. My only concern would be how durable would it be? I'm not sure how brittle that stuff is.

Where I work the engineering guys rapid prototype 3D printed plastic tools all the time. The material isn’t brittle, is quite strong, and endures in a manufacturing environment. The plastic is machinable, can be drilled and tapped.

3D printers have become pretty affordable too, so much so that the average Joe can afford one, and print whatever they like. The only limitation is their imagination.

My only complaint is the 3D printed parts have that look, the lines of each pass by the print head giving items that 3D printed look.

Edited by Racer X

If you guys are replacing those switches, it may be worth while to check the materials used for the switch.  You will want something stainless or nickel-plated brass.  You could also head down to your local marine store to see what they've got.  I know mine has a ton of these switches in stock and ready for the elements.

https://www.fisheriessupply.com/sitesearch.aspx?keyword=toggle switch&sitesearch=true

• 3 months later...
On 4/13/2020 at 3:20 PM, jfa.series1 said:

Hey folks,

As part of my refurb of turn signals and license lights, I am in need of a few parts.  On the left in the pic is the small/outboard bracket (larger one is inboard) that secures the turn signal housing to the valance - needing two of these with nuts.  On the right is the 30mm screw that holds the license light together, needing one.  I'm hoping that one of our more prolific hoarders might have these bits.  Not looking for freebies, will pay.

Thanks,

Jim

100_3827.JPG

Belmetric has longer M4 screws  No they aren’t black, but that’s not hard to accomplish later

https://www.belmetric.com/4mm-oval-head-screws-c-10_1489_1267/msoval4x30ss-oval-phillips-stainless-p-7619.html?zenid=pqvq1qf93dsb7jcukh67na7ab6

Also have them in flat head zinc.

1 hour ago, zKars said:

Belmetric has longer M4 screws  No they aren’t black, but that’s not hard to accomplish later

https://www.belmetric.com/4mm-oval-head-screws-c-10_1489_1267/msoval4x30ss-oval-phillips-stainless-p-7619.html?zenid=pqvq1qf93dsb7jcukh67na7ab6

Also have them in flat head zinc.

Thanks. I sourced the correct screws from Belmetric a while back and wrapped up that particular project.