IGNORED

window issue

arcdef

Well, mine is not fixed, but after reading this post and looking at your pictures, I inspected the arms inside my doors without removing the regulator.  Sure enough, they are bent!  This issue has bothered me for quite some time, and had no idea what to do.  Next, I must get the regulator out and do the vise and hammer treatment.  Quite a relief just knowing what to do.

I'm sure the only way to damage the arms is to use too much force when rolling up the window.  This was done to my car before I got it, so the windows never worked properly.  I had no idea what the regulator arms were supposed to look like, until now!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the people who contributed to this post, my driver's side window rolls up and down normally for the first time since I've owned the car.  I took the regulator out, bent and hammered the arms back into the correct shape, and it works great!  Now to do the passenger side, apparently it had the same gorilla on the window crank.

• Like 1