IGNORED

Hand Throttle, early parts, and car 00061? on eBay

Terrapin Z

I ran across a few early parts on eBay this morning. One being another hand throttle for a mere $2000.There are a few other parts listed and all pretty high priced. 

The ad says it is an auction broker out of GA that will be selling off a hoard or 69-70 parts from a 71 year old collector. Must be the retirement fund.

They also claim to have a 69 barn find HLS30-00061 that will be posted in the future. Says they will be listing many items over the next year.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-RARE-1970-Datsun-240Z-Twin-Choke-Throttle-Cable-Assembly-Matching-Knobs/293346720178?hash=item444cd3b9b2:g:ORIAAOSw9sdd2trd

Cut and paste from the ad :

Attention Early 1969/1970 Datsun 240Z Collectors!

AuctionWorks is consigning a lifetime collection of rare Z series 1 parts… AND a couple of cars as well!!

We have connected with a 71-year-old gentleman who has been collecting all things early model 240Z since 1970!  The vast majority of his collection is October, November and December 1969.  He has a large storage unit filled, floor to ceiling, with rare, hard to find parts.  We will be selling all of these a few at a time over the next year. 

BE SURE TO ADD US TO YOUR SAVED SELLERS LIST & CHECK FOR NEW ITEMS LISTED REGULARLY!

** BONUS ** He also has two of these early model cars!  One is a '72 model with original paint and only 50,000 miles!!!  That is his "baby" and he is considering selling it, but is undecided at the moment.  The other one we will definitely be listing here on eBay in the near future....  IT IS #00061 - YES, the 61st 240Z sold to the public.  It is a "barn find".  Color is red, and he described it a "rebuilding project".

Stay tuned to our listings as we sell this incredibly rare collection along with number 61!  Car will most likely be listed in spring 2020.

Edited by Terrapin Z
added text
  • Thanks 1

Those knobs don't look correct, the earlier ones are more rounded and the screws should not protrude. also they should be "handed", choke with offset to the left and throttle with offset to the right. Here's a picture from this ad:

s-l1600---.jpg

For comparison see the pictures in this post from @240260280. Also more reasonably priced back then, LOL.

• Like 1

Who's to say where and when the real parts owner got them. I did not mean to imply they were out of car 00061 but it might have read that way. I do know there were early and late style, these are the late style for sure. 

The auction broker / consigner stated he did not know much about the parts. He is probably just going off what the real seller is telling him.  We don't know how much he knows about the cars, It was just claimed to be early parts. Might be interesting to see what else gets posted. Right now there was a metal fan, a clam shell, a cigarette lighter, and some hatch vents. All BIN and free shipping. 

Another clip from the ad :

Please see pictures for best description and message me with any questions.  I am consigning this along with hundreds, if not thousands more 240Z series one parts.  I am not an expert on these parts by any stretch of the imagination, so if I'm leaving out any key info, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Throttle set up is down to $1500. I figured they would drop prices after a while. Some items have sold, and some new ones posted. 

"OIL" filler cap for $33 w/free shipping.

5 speed shift knob has 33 bids and is at $89

Edited by Terrapin Z
added info