IGNORED

Triple solex 44phh main jet recommendation?

I have a l28 with mild comp cam 260s and running triple solex 44phh carbs. Here are my specs: 

outer Venturi 34, jet block OA , main jets 180, main air jet 220, pilot jets 57.5 

it runs pretty rich under the high load areas in the mid to high range getting AFR’s around 10s and even high 9s which is super rich. Do any of you guys think I should run main jets to say 160 or 155 or 150? I’m leaning towards 160 to try first but would like some opinions. From what I know the recommended from Mikuni for a stock engine is 150 for 34 Outer Venturi  Or 155 if you run larger 37 outer Venturi. Since I have a cam and full exhaust system I figured maybe a richer setting is safer. Thanks 

Edited by fairladyz432

thanks for help 

I may stick with 57.5 pilot jets or go down a bit so I’ll have a leaner cruise and idle, as far as main jets I think maybe 165 would be good since I’m using 220 main air jets? Since recommended starting is 145 main jets and 200 main air jets. Difference is 55 in size. Does that sound right? 

It may go lean as the rpms rise (theoretical) but practically on Webers it mostly just leans all of the WOT run so I can't say on your M's

The pilot/idle jet is also too large, You may want to adjust after you sort the Main.

What is your idle a/f and cruise at 60mph a/f?

Aim for 13 for smooth idle, aim for 14.5 for clean idle

Aim for 14.5 for norm cruise. Aim for 16 for fuel efficient cruise.