IGNORED

Front Suspension Issues

BayAreaZ650

Hi everyone,

I'm nearly done with my front suspension. I was able to replace the tie rod ends today.

I completely forgot to take photos before I uninstalled everything and I'm stumped. Can you guys please let me know if I have the orientation for the ball joint and tie rod end correct?

Thank you guys!

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

2 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Do you mean the part that Nissan calls a spacer?  They compress and deform over time anyway.  You could probably use a big o-ring in its place.

http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/Z-1969-1978/axle/rear-suspension/13

That is exactly that piece you linked that I'm after. Where do you think I can get a big o-ring from? It's roughly .70 inches in height.

I'd go to a hardware store.  The good ones usually have a wide selection.  You might have to stack 2 or 3 to get the height you want.  When the spacer is in place it's more like a packing material, probably to keep the metal parts from rubbing together and squeaking.

There's also online, like Grainger or McMaster Carr

https://www.grainger.com/category/hardware/o-rings-and-o-ring-kits/o-rings?redirect=o-ring&searchRedirect=o-ring&searchBar=true

41 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

I just called Nissan Parts Deal and they don’t have it in stock. Thank you though!