IGNORED

3D printed 77-78 clamshell

AZDatsun

anyone out there 3D printing the 77-78 steering column cover clamshell it’s impossible to find the bottom piece and seems like it could be printed or at least something close to similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We have printed these and they come out pretty good,  just never got into production.  Its a 20+ hour print.  

We have 3 printers right now and im about to throw in the towel on all of them.  Between inconsistant quality of filament and the machines having their good and bad days its difficult to get production out of them without putting a lot of time in!

Hoping to see some new machines at SEMA this year that might offer some answers.

Ryan

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 5:43 PM, zcardepot.com said:

We have printed these and they come out pretty good,  just never got into production.  Its a 20+ hour print.  

We have 3 printers right now and im about to throw in the towel on all of them.  Between inconsistant quality of filament and the machines having their good and bad days its difficult to get production out of them without putting a lot of time in!

Hoping to see some new machines at SEMA this year that might offer some answers.

Ryan

Filament has always given me issues with consistency as well, I've made panel clips and such but for large molded parts SLA printers are are the way to go. Don't give up yet!