IGNORED

300hp out of L28 non turbo

240zSean

In the end, it's not the numbers that matter to me. I am more about the torque in the mid range and the balance of power throughout the RPM range. Having a stroker with 89mm pistons, stage 3 cam and forged internals hopefully will deliver in this area. Adding the Haltech with sequential fire and dwell control, injection pulse width and duration, variable advance timing etc will certainly help reach the numbers I am looking for.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AK260 said:

I can’t be too sure but it was either a ‘99 or a 2000 - it had the S50 engine with 316 ish BHP (IIRC). But what I recall the most is that lovely straight 6 torque laden bark.

The later cars in the US have about 315hp and are very fast but they have problems with frame damage at that power level and thats not a 50 year old chassis designed for 140 hp or so

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 6:15 PM, Patcon said:

These cars don't really need 300hp, an honest 200-225 makes them move really nicely without tearing the drivetrain and chassis up

Ding ding ding. I've driven a 300WHP 240Z without chassis modification. (RB swap) It was stoooopid fast - scary fast. Not that you can't drive it that way BUT it twisted the hell out of the chassis. Popped a bunch of the spot welds in the  rear - creaked like a Spanish Galleon. The owner had to find another frame to put the drivetrain in. On the other hand, my sons '76 280Z (L28ET) makes 230WHP and 280 ft/lbs of torque, runs nice, is FAST, and doesn't tear the hell out of the frame... If you're going to put HP in a 240Z, LOOK TO THE FRAME.

• Like 4