IGNORED

Front / Rear Control Arms

Sorry if this has been asked a bajillion times but i've searched on here and google but can't find what i'm looking for.  It looks like the front control arms are the same 70-78 but the rears are year specific (70-73 and 74-78) 

Physical differences between the two I found here: https://forums.hybridz.org/topic/51104-differences-between-the-240z-and-280z-rear-control-arms/

Found a restored but used (also had urethane bushings already) set of front / rear control arms off a 75 280z.  Would the 74-78 be a direct replacement or would I need to purchase different hardware?  Would it even fit? Thanks! 

All years of rear control arms are inter changeable it's just the 280 and maybe 260 rear control arms are beefier. While you are having a look through archives you could search differences between urethane bushings and original rubber,  many members here have installed urethane kits only to turn around and remove them and replace them with rubber.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, grannyknot said:

All years of rear control arms are inter changeable it's just the 280 and maybe 260 rear control arms are beefier. While you are having a look through archives you could search differences between urethane bushings and original rubber,  many members here have installed urethane kits only to turn around and remove them and replace them with rubber.

Thanks for the confirmation.  Will do.  Still getting used to searching on this forum.  Its slightly different than what I'm used to. 

6 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Rubber for the control arm bushings, or rubber overall (given what’s still available)?  Thanks!

17 minutes ago, SoCalJim said:

Rubber for the control arm bushings, or rubber overall (given what’s still available)?  Thanks!

Rubber for the bushings.  At first glance, (and i havent read too far into it) is that the urethane bushings make a lot of noise.  I did urethane in my G35 and didnt get a squeak but all suspension setups are not equal. 

Edited by research monkey

14 minutes ago, research monkey said:

Rubber for the bushings.  At first glance, (and i havent read too far into it) is that the urethane bushings make a lot of noise.  I did urethane in my G35 and didnt get a squeak but all suspension setups are not equal. 

The urethane is harsher too and ride quality can suffer. A G35 has a much more refined suspension and is much quieter overall

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SoCalJim said:

Rubber overall,  I do like urethane holding the steering rack and urethane rag joint on the steering shaft, it is a bit more vibration but it gives you a crisp turn in.

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

Rubber overall,  I do like urethane holding the steering rack and urethane rag joint on the steering shaft, it is a bit more vibration but it gives you a crisp turn in.

New rubber bushings for the steering rack and the rubber coupler for the steering shaft went into the hens teeth realm some time ago.  Here's a list of suspension bushings I put together a couple of years ago for a buddy with Nissan P/N's available at that time thru Courtesy.  The Beck Arnley items were available from Rockauto.

BTW - I have a couple of sets of used rubber steering rack bushings in good condition for sale, PM me if you have an interest.

Bushing List.pdf

• Like 2